I read several recipes online and elsewhere which all differed but appeared to follow a similar theme so when it came to actually putting it all in a bottle I made it up as I went along... We shall have to wait to see what it turns out like!
The berries are sweeter after the first frost so I popped them into the freezer for a week before using them. I then took an old litre bottle, roughly quarter filled with the berries, added 750ml of vodka (cheap stuff from the supermarket) and then topped up with sugar. The bottle is now tucked away in a dark cupboard where, when I remember, I take it out for a shake around. In a couple of months I'm planning on straining the liquid, checking the taste and adding more sugar if necessary before bottling it up again ready for drinking. I'm also going to try a similar thing with blackberries but will use gin for that rather than vodka as I've read it gives a better taste.
Unlike the plum wine we have bubbling away in the hall, it looks really pretty!